1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't get Dolby Digital Live to work!

Discussion in 'Home Theater PC' started by acousty, Jan 1, 2013.

1. acousty

acousty Regular member

I can’t seem to get Dolby Digital Live enabled on my new PC build. I have an Asrock P67 extreme 4 Gen 3 mobo that I currently have Optical SPDIF out to my digital receiver. I am looking in the options under Realtek HD manager and the Realtek digital out’s properties in windows 7 under the advanced tab I only see 2 channel options. I believe from another posts I read on here I should see Dolby Digital Live 5.1 in here. I got all my codecs and filters such as AC3 working with my media files and they sound great in media player classic. But I can’t figure out this Dolby Digital Live or DTS connect problem. Can anyone help me? In my BIOS, the only option I see for the HD audio is to enable it, disable it, or put it to auto. I have it as enabled. I have looked for DDL filters and plugins but I can’t find any. I am currently using real tek driver version 6.0.1.662 from Realteks site and I have also used Asrock’s version.6378 with no notable difference. My BIOS ver. Is P2.20. This description for the onboard audio on the website is this “7.1 CH HD Audio with Content Protection (Realtek ALC892 Audio Codec), Supports THX TruStudio™” No games will work in surround on my system which makes sense because they need a real time digital encoder to process it. Can anyone help me out? Thanks!

My post is similar to this one http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1708835. Although my hd audio manager doesn't show a "digital output(optical). Mine just shows "digital optical out" same thing with my choices of sound devices in windows. I see only a device called "digital output and no "digital output optical", but this may be a special feature for his Gigabyte mobo that my Asrock doesn't have. However I only see 2 channel choices under the default format tab.

2. cactikid

cactikid Active member

only thing i can say is look at your sound card and see what is connected,on my old pc is a digital out coaxial not the spdif and i have 1 feed going to my 5-1 system,also the pc setting for desktop speakers do they need to be changed to 5-1 setting and apply?

3. megadunderhead

megadunderhead Regular member

Actually it could be another issue as well which is your surround sound receiver must support dolby digital live and if i remember correctly i thought dolby digital live was limited to pc surround sound speakers