AfterDawn Forums

energy efficient blu-ray HTPC (XBMC)

Hi all,

Im wanting to build a new HTPC. But i want to build it as energy efficient as possible and having little experience, worried i will end up building a system which is low energy, but dosent do what i need it to do.

I have been looking at the Atom and Fusion processors and boards, but im open to suggestions.

I am assuming a motherboard with onboard graphics is the way to go, but again im not sure and dont now where to start to look.

i also really dont understand what type of power supply would be best. some processors are only 65w, but i dont know how much power a blu-ray drive and hard drive would also pull

basically i dont need any PVR functions.

I need it to output Blu-ray and MKV in 1080p and 5.1 HD master surround sound to AV reciever.

I need to be able to use BBCI player and ITV player etc.

I have a netflix account, but thinking of cancelling this so this isent essential

and im thinking of using XBMC
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 07 Nov 2012 @ 6:46
▼▼ This topic has 0 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.