1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I watch my movies?!

Discussion in 'Home Theater PC' started by stadly, Feb 27, 2012.

1. stadly

stadly Member

Hey guys,

It's been a while since my last post, but I figured this would be the best place to do this.

Anyway, usually, I have used PS3MediaServer to stream movies/shows to my PS3 from my Macbook Pro. However, once I started getting into 1080p quality stuff, this way is no longer an option.

I can play them when both my playstation and macbook are wired to the router, but then my laptop (and the house's internet) are unavailable.

Here's my question: What would be the best, most efficient, and hopefully cheap way to play my big video files on my tv?

Here's what I've ruled out:
    -Putting them on an external and plugging it into the PS3 (with the FAT32, the 4GB file limit is a real pain)

Suggestions are more than welcome! The reason I post this here is because I'm thinking some sort of dedicated media server might be my best option.

Thanks!

2. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

im guessing your laptop or macbook pro would have a dvi or hdmi output and you could plug it straight into the back of your tv.
    streaming,putting the movies on disk and getting playback through a bluray player or usb are the only things i can think of.