1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to make logitech harmony 200 remote work on PC?

Discussion in 'Receivers and amplifiers' started by JHawx, Dec 1, 2011.

1. JHawx

JHawx Regular member

As the title says, i do own an IR recever, and i got this universal remote and when i bought it i accidently mistook the fact that you can connect it to PC, BUT... you can only do it to update codes inside the machine, you cant actually controll the PC with it.

I know there are self made solutions on how to add a remote to work with computer (hacks relating to DIY remote with IR addon.), but how i make the 200 remote to move my computer around?

2. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

You need a software that can map the buttons assuming the pc can see it,there would also need to be drivers i assume,software at link below may work however it's not free & is limited to a 30 day trial $24.99 USD,you might be able to get a free similar software from source forge not that i've checked myself,i was looking for a software to get my logitec rumble pads working

http://pinnaclegameprofiler.com/

3. JHawx

JHawx Regular member

I got belkin FSU230 (fir3.2) as IR recever, so yes, my comp can see the remote, its just a matter on steps how to use the universal remote, to teach remote to send commands and computer to understand signals comming in from IR recever.

Harmony controller can learn 3 machines at times, trouble is, theres no ready program for harmony so it can be used with computer recever.

When i do get some money, i do plan to buy a sorts of computer multimedia remote, to controll the movies from my sofa.

4. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

wireless keyboard & mouse is what i use,mouse mostly except in situations where i'm posting to forums when the cat has taken over ownership of the computer chair

5. JHawx

JHawx Regular member

Ye, would be easy way out and as a hobby, i ruled it out, ofc, there are wireless keyboards with mousetrack, but i rather not put 120? for 30? solution to my problem ^^
    good idea, but i want compact, low battery requirement solution to my problem.