1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this possible?

Discussion in 'Receivers and amplifiers' started by johnno197, Mar 9, 2013.

1. johnno197

johnno197 Member

2 linux based receivers in one room (Xtrend ET6000 and an Openbox S9hd)
    Box 1 used for sharing. Connected to motorised dish.
    Box 2 used solely for sly uk through a paid server. Connected to sky dish only.
    Box 1 is already set up and working fine.
    Reason for asking this is that I decided to check out a payserver to see what the quality was like. Added the nline provided to cccam.cfg. with all my other clines. Picture wasnt great, some freezing and skipping. Decided to remove all the clines and leave just the nline in cccam.cfg to see if it improved thigs. It did, excellent quality picture.
    So I'm now wondering that if I had two seperate boxes would it stay as good quality on the second box? or would the fact that both boxes would be working off the same network mean that the problem would re-occur?

2. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

wrong area mate
    Home theater > Digital TV - UK & Europe

3. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

is the nline from your household or pay server? if its from payserver and you use the same line on 2 boxes the server host will see this and disconnect your line with out a doubt, seperate lines for seperate boxes, he/she may give discounts if in the same house, if its your own personal share quality will be the same

4. johnno197

johnno197 Member

The nline is a payserver. This would go in second box only, and nothing else in this box other than the nline.

5. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

serious mate post this in the forum i mentioned loads of clued up guys there