1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RCA RT2770

Discussion in 'Receivers and amplifiers' started by yzfspecv, Jul 28, 2010.

1. yzfspecv

yzfspecv Member

I have a "RCA Rt2770 5.1-Channel, 1000-Watt Receiver Home Theater System"
    Hooked up to my pc/tv. Im wanting more trebble and base I was going to buy another surround sound and have 2 hooked up to my tv/computer for more trebble and base. My question is can I just buy the speakers/subbwoofer and hooked them into the same holes I have my current one setup, or do I have to buy another reciever to do this? Also how do I go on about hooking up like CAR sub woofers to a reciever? like maybe 2 10" sub woofers???

Last edited: Jul 28, 2010
  2. yzfspecv

yzfspecv Member

No help come on???

3. david66

david66 Regular member

first you cannot add 2 subwoofers to your unit if you do you will see the unit go up in smoke it would destroy the output of the unit car subs are rated at 4 ohms your unit is rated at 8 ohms 2. you cannot connect 2 surround systems to do what you want to you will need to buy a new receiver not a unit like the one you have and you will have to invest in good speakers the total cost would runover a $1000.00 also your unit is not 1000 watt system a1000 watt receiver would run close to 2000.00 what you have is inflated watts the advertising dept of some manuf use these figures to sell units