1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic TV Buzzing

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by kevr2606, Nov 12, 2013.

1. kevr2606

kevr2606 Member

Hi guys,

I have a Panasonic TV that's less than two years old& it has recently started buzzing really loudly when it's on. I have a cable box attached & have tried turning that off but the buzzing is still there.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

2. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

could be a lot of issues that can cause it.

if you got a cable box or anything else connected,could be a blown/damaged a/v socket thats causing feedback. unplug them (from the tv ) to check.if it stops then its the socket.

could be a damage speaker.

any chance of it still being under warranty and getting it looked at free???

Last edited: Nov 13, 2013
  3. kevr2606

kevr2606 Member

It's connected to two boxes, the buzzing happens regardless of which one you're watching. I'll try unplugging everything and see how that goes. Unfortunately the TV is two year old & doesn't have a warranty. I've had a Panasonic TV for 8 year now with no trouble what so ever so didn't think of getting an extended warranty on this one.

Thanks for the reply, I'll let you know how I get on.

4. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

what do we need to know?.. well about this buzz.. is it coming from the speakers or is it coming from somewhere else inside?

5. keebles

keebles Regular member

Quick question, how is it plugged in? Is there anything else near by that could be causing electric interference? Had the same problem with a DVD player placed next to a power brick. As soon as I moved it, the buzzing went away. Or is there anything else plugged in to the same circuit some where else in the house (drier, microwave, fans, anything that could cause a buzzing/ static effect when plugged in? Also Try checking to make sure that all cables are connected correctly and that their not damaged. Damaged or loose cables can cause interference for TVs and audio equipment such as buzzing and humming noise.

6. geekless

geekless Newbie

Knowing whether the buzzing is coming from the speakers or elsewhere is vital before a meaningful opinion can be given.