1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung PN51F5300 or LG 50PN6500??

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Oilersguy, Apr 11, 2013.

1. Oilersguy

Oilersguy Member

Hey all, I haven't been on here in awhile, but my LG Pk550 crapped out after 2 years, so the extended warranty I bought is offering me either the Samsung PN51F5300 or the LG 50PN6500 as a replacement...I was kinda wary about LG again, does anyone on here own either of these TV's?..I'm sure they both have the benefits...just looking for some input, cheers everyone :)

2. Oilersguy

Oilersguy Member

so, no one here owns 1 of these TV's?..

3. mike.m

mike.m Regular member

Definitely get the Samsung, it's a way better TV, and a lot more bang for your buck.

Also make sure you have the Anti burn-in settings turned ON. It wouldn't be a bad idea to break in your new plasma for the first few hours, by just watching full screen movies and tv shows (without black bars or static logos) for the first 100 or so hours.

I recommend checking this article:
    http://www.ehow.com/info_8214864_new-plasma-tv-owner-tips.html

Don't freak out if say after watching a sporting even, that you see a slight fade of the icons/scoreboard on your TV, plasma are now a lot better with image-retention, and rarely get burn-in's unless you really abuse it, but Image-retention will go away in a few minutes of just watching regular tv.

4. Oilersguy

Oilersguy Member

5. Oilersguy

Oilersguy Member

HEy, thanks for the reply back and the advice, I went looking in the menu for the Anti-Burn in...couldnt find it though...is this possible on the 60 inch and up model only?, cheers!