1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wireless LAN Adapter Support ??

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by thebone, May 26, 2010.

1. thebone

thebone Member

Hey guys.

Regarding the Samsung PN50C540 (50 inch plasma) it has wireless LAN adapter support.

I really don't know what this means.

I know what it means regarding PCs

I acquired this TV (yet to be delivered) based on the 4 HDMI ports and the great picture. I have only now found out about the wireless LAN adapter support.

What exactly does it mean ? Does it mean I can plug some sort or USB wireless adapter then use the tv for the internet ? Maybe as a giant monitor ? Stream football games that are web only to it ?

Sorry for the ignorance guys, I just don't know what in means with regards to a television, and what kind of adapter (hardware ? from regular computer shops or elsewhere? ) I'll need for this.

Thanks gang

2. hooter007

hooter007 Regular member

did you find out what its for

3. kovox

kovox Member

this adapter is used to access your router so you can access widgets on you tv such as you tube yahoo flickr etc.etc. a great little gadget if you cant run a ethernet cable to your tv. they cost about 55 to 60 euro or cheaper .juast google samsung wireless lan adaptor

4. hooter007

hooter007 Regular member

very nice, ill have to check that out for the missus,lol