1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DBOX CHANNELS MISSING - COMMANDO 10

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by polwood, Jul 27, 2009.

1. polwood

polwood Member

Hi all! My bro has just got a dbox - had issues when it came but his mate managed (mate on hols now grrrrrr!) to get it up and running. Yesterday he was watching a film and it sounds like it had audio commentary on it - he pressed buttons on his remote (not a good idea on looking at it as all the colours have gone off the remote!). Now he can only get channels 1 - 5 and a few of the &irg@@ screens. Any ideas what I should be doing?
    Cable Provider - $irg@@ Lancashire.
    I have got a star... box and seem to be able to sort mine out when it goes wonky so hopefully can sort this.
    Any help greatly appreciated - I have tried to do stuff using the remote following advice on here but nothing seems to happen!

2. bigdunc

bigdunc Regular member

If the channels are listed but not clearing
    You need to restart your cam
    Does it usually auto update For him................Paul

3. polwood

polwood Member

Not sure Paul - he has only just got it. Now a diff prob - it went onto radio settings, switched off and then just had the commando pic - now when turned on says loading kernel.

Is it now a case of reloading info onto the box - I have vista on PC at home - all the stuff I have seems to be reading is for XP.

Any help appreciated!

4. bigdunc

bigdunc Regular member

No if its stuck on loading Kernal
    IFA will work just fine with Vista
    Try version 3.1 and above
    Or the Portable version is getting great results
    But ifa is the only way now ...............Paul