1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eurovox worth a buy ?

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by pomp3y, Feb 27, 2011.

1. pomp3y

pomp3y Regular member

Hi all i'm just wondering if the eurovox is still worth a buy i've been seeing a lot about the n3 and cos of that cable has gone out the window and only sat is working, is this true ? is there any h***s for the n3 ? will there ever be to get cable working again ? and are they worth the buy ? i've seen these cardshear things but i don't wanna go down that route.

2. dub12dave

dub12dave Regular member

pomp3y DO NOT BUY ANY EUROVOX they dont work, if you are in the UK then look at the Kryptview 780 they work on cable in the UK, you will also need broadband for this box to connect to the internet.

3. pomp3y

pomp3y Regular member

kryptview where would i go to dig some info on this and where could i get one from, also i'm wondering about starview boxs what are they like i know they can do sat but would it be worth the time and effort

4. dub12dave

dub12dave Regular member

Personally I wouldn't touch a starview box, use the search bar on top of the page for info on the Kryptview 780 there are loads of threads on this, if you are going the Sat route start off with the dreambox 500s and take a look at Piopat's guide on how to set one up, if you need any help on whatever box you go for, post back in the DVB section and you will get all the help that you may need.

5. pomp3y

pomp3y Regular member

I'm not to sure if i want cable or sat i've had virgin before and sky as well. i like sky cos of the amount of channels on there but when the bad weather it's it's horrible this is where cable take's over as it don't really get affected by the weather. the main channels i would like is sky sports espn the racing channel and movies and kids so this is where i'm stuck on what to get lol will both give me the channels i want is sky sports 4 on cable and can i get the ppv events like wwe boxing and so on

6. pomp3y

pomp3y Regular member

Also what one's would give me hd and before i forget is there any time delay on these the reason i ask this is because i'm gonna be starting up as a sports trader on Betfair soon and hope for none or very minimal delay

Last edited: Feb 28, 2011
  7. dub12dave

dub12dave Regular member

HD on sat, SD on cable, from what you describe above you would be better off with the cable box Kryptview 780, and yes you will get all the channels on it. Later in the year Kryptview will be bringing out a HD box.

8. pomp3y

pomp3y Regular member

Cool thanks dude nice one

9. pomp3y

pomp3y Regular member

Just one more question really is there a site like eurovox for kryptview so i can see all the spec on the boxes they do and what comes with the box etc. also i've read about on the net about where to buy them from but can't really find them. guess that's what happens when you do most of your searching and other net related stuff on a mobile lol

10. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

kryptview cable only side and works like a charm, but you need to read a thread about lan boxes by mikah (cant find it, sure someone will point it out) and place to buy tailormade circuits or find a bloke called E45 he has all starview and kryptview info he is happy to help out where he can