1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DMR-EX79 HDDERR

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by DRX2000, Apr 8, 2013.

1. DRX2000

DRX2000 Member

Hello, I have a DVD recorder with hard disk inside Panasonic model DMR-EX79. Unfortunately when I get the box it has on U61 error and no display. I connected the disk to PC and scanned for bad sectors after that the error become HDD ERR and tray open for loading firmware. On official support Panasonic have firmware for this model only for France (DMR-EX79EF).
    Is there any posibility to clone a hard disk from a working machine using winhex ?

Thank you in advance.

2. jhvance

jhvance Member

The short answer is that I don't know. However, I think you'll have far better luck in gaining some pertinent response by posting this on a different website in the AVS Forum which is far more active and where one of the members (mickinct) services and repairs a wide variety of the different Panasonic DVR models on a regular basis. He's repaired my DMR-E85H before, so I can personally vouch for his services, but it requires physical shipment to him in Connecticut (USA). Set up an account at the subforum at the link below, then post your query with background on the problem and clarify that yours is not a North American model, and perhaps send mickinct a PM (private message) directly to ask about the best approach or what is possible to recover its function.

http://www.avsforum.com/f/106/dvd-recorders-standard-def