1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What DVD recorder should I buy?

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by f1rules, Aug 16, 2011.

1. f1rules

f1rules Member

Hi,

I'm getting confused, I hope someone can help.

I going to put this really simply, as it makes it easier for me.

I want a piece of hardware that I can connect to my TV, then I will play a programme on my TV, and the hardware will record it to a DVD. It does not need to have a tuner, it only needs to be able to record what is playing at that time on my TV. Because of this, it doesn't necessarily need a hard drive, but if it has one, that's okay.

Ideally, I want to spend no more than £200. I would prefer to spend about £100, but I don't think that will be possible.

I hope that's okay to understand and any help much appreciated.

Thanks

2. clmetal

clmetal Member

Panosonics were my favorite, but I don't think they make DVD recorders anymore.

Don't buy a Sony - they cut off recordings in the middle sensing DMR as you are recording.

I now have a Toshiba which works, cost like $120. I haven't gotten the DMR message that Sony has. Qualify isn't as good as Panosonic.

But, I am in the US using DTV. It's possible your service provider will send out some kind of a copyright/DMR signal that will make it worthless to you.