AfterDawn Forums

2 routers combine them to one modem network? increase range?

This discussion thread has 6 messages.

okay i got new router/modem the mortorola surfboard extreme sbg650
but the wifi range isnt great can i combine the linsksys router ,make it to one network to boost the wifi range?
▼▼ This topic has 5 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
is the linksys wired or wireless?
Originally posted by ddp:
they both are wireless, my motorola modem/router has the cable internet going to it , and i dont know how to set up the secound router (linksys wireless router) to make a stronger network with bigger wifi range
Originally posted by tjschotz1:
Originally posted by ddp:
they both are wireless, my motorola modem/router has the cable internet going to it , and i dont know how to set up the secound router (linksys wireless router) to make a stronger network with bigger wifi range
still wondering how i do this
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 24 Nov 2012 @ 3:43

20 Year U.S.Army Veteran.Vietnam 1969-1972 101st Abn.Div.
Router 1 Setup

Make sure it is connected to the internet and setup like you normally have it you need to run RJ45 cable just a standard one from Router 1 to the second router.

Router 2
Disconnect router 1 from pc and connect router 2 to your pc or laptop, you need to login to the router configuration page and disable DHCP, setup your wireless network ect name / password. Save settings

Disconnect From pc and remove and plug the RJ45 cable from router 2 into router 1 this will feed Router 2 with the internet.

router should auto send out the internet with no extra configuring ect., you cant do it using wireless it has to have a RJ45 cable between the two.

you should have two wireless networks in your house add them both to your devices and they will bounce between the two of them :)
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.