AfterDawn Forums

Another Wireless Question

This discussion thread has 4 messages.

I have wireless setup with a bridge, it all works fine. Can I run a Ethernet cable from my router to a powerline adapter and use this as a connection for a device also and have it all stay on the same network? I have a device I would rather run hard wired than wireless, but can't get a wire to it. This is why I was thinking about the powerline adapter. Thank you.
▼▼ This topic has 3 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
Don't see why not. I have AT&T U-verse service which uses a router for several different devices. My main desktop computer is not wireless and I do use an Asoka pluglink (powerline adapter) to connect this desktop to the router. Works fine for me. You will need at least two adapters; one to the router and one to the device. I have a third adapter to use for the occasional device that may show up at my place.
rulisky, thanks for the information. You even answered the question I forgot to ask which was if I can add a 3rd adapter and by your comment I can....thanks again.
Welcome. Enjoy.
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.