AfterDawn Forums

Asus laptop screen wont turn on,,,

This discussion thread has 29 messages.

I say go for it.It sounds like a good deal to me.I also read about problems that people were having with this same video card the same model Asus laptop.Well you have a 50/50 chance so good luck and let us know how it goes.

20 Year U.S.Army Veteran.Vietnam 1969-1972 101st Abn.Div.
AfterDawn Advertisement
ok try cooking it
take the motherboard out of the casing rmove all the extra bits except your 9800 graphics card and put it in the oven 380c for 9 minutes (not a mircowave)

reasoning: there was one year when they changed to lead free solder and lots of electricals have gone wrong from that year dv9000 series laptops, x boxes, graphic cards, wecurrently have a 7950gx2 that we cooked and it works great

i7 3770 12GB ram terrabyte sata drive 1 750Gb sata drive 285GTX graphics Sony dvdwriter same NZXT Nemesis case
Still playing Black Hawk Down why did I upgrade?
So I got the 9800m gs graphics card in and it didnt do anything to fix my laptop sadly :(. So therefore that must mean my motherboard is no good. Now I will have to try and find a motherboard for a similar price hopefully. PCREPAIR, would the whole cooking thing fix a motherboard or is that just to fix the graphics card. I have to assume my original graphics card works fine since the new one had the same results.
I have no idea it's just a last ditch thing before throwing it away
try the motherboard first. or look on ebay where quite a few people are advertising repairing motherboards and thats what they are doing

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MOTHERBOARD-R...=item4d02331c9a
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 23 Jun 2012 @ 4:17

i7 3770 12GB ram terrabyte sata drive 1 750Gb sata drive 285GTX graphics Sony dvdwriter same NZXT Nemesis case
Still playing Black Hawk Down why did I upgrade?
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.