1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audio problems with Creative xFi Titanium(not fixed)

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Daeds, Dec 31, 2009.

1. Daeds

Daeds Member

Brand new card. Spent 4 hrs trying to get it working.

Before driver was installed that came with the card - and until I replaced it with one from creative labs website, all I heard was a constant tone.

Everytime I try to turn volume up in any internal controls, try changing effects or similar, audio disappears and is replaced by the tone again.

If I try to change mode (gaming, entertainment, audio creation) the enire PC freezes completely.

sometimes reboot works for the tone, sometimes driver needs to be reinstalled.

If tone persist through rebooting the tone only kicks in during the windows loading screen.

A few times windows works fine for 10-20 mins and then the tone comes, even without any audio/video programs running.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2009
  2. scum101

scum101 Guest

that sounds very much like you have the wrong driver.. try a few other creative ones at random.

failing that have a go at muting things like line in and whatever.. it could be a feedback loop

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2009
  3. Daeds

Daeds Member

Just tried muting everything in the windows audio panel - even with internal sound muted the tone persists.

And I can't find any older drivers on creative website - they only list one for X-Fi titanium WinXP.

If anyone know a link to older drivers feel free to post.

Update: tried build 2.17.004 and 2.17.006 and both still produce the constant tone - anywhere from 5 mins to 30 mins after startup- with or without audio activity.

Only thing connected to card is a set of 2.1 speakers though a single jack connector

Last edited: Dec 31, 2009
  4. ILL-C

ILL-C Member

I would suggest using this program called Driver Magician. Here's the link.

Driver Magician