1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

battery

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by booperq, Dec 29, 2013.

1. booperq

booperq Regular member

I have a Gateway SX2370 Desktop PC and been having problems of late. when I reboot it, it comes up to a screen saying F1 to continue and delete to go into bios. When I go to F1 to continue my clock and date get all messed up. Some suggested that I change the battery *should look like a cell battery* and I looked inside but have no idea what it looks like. Could someone help me

2. aldan

aldan Active member

round and shiny,about the size of a nickel.same style as a watch battery,not a cellphone battery.

3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

is a cr2032 battery about the size of a quarter. is usually in a black socket soldered to the motherboard. can be sitting vertical or horizontal.

4. booperq

booperq Regular member

I really don't know. I have never come across this problem before of all the years that I had a computer so I don't know what it looks like

5. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

i was gonna google search and find you an image of a battery in a computer but found something better. a basic guide to changing the battery. heres the link

6. booperq

booperq Regular member

I APPRECIATE xboxdvl2 AND LOOKED 3 TIMES INSIDE MY TOWER AND COULDN'T FIND ANYWHERE WHERE MY BATTERY IS OR GOES

7. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

knock off the caps lock as not deaf!!
    look for a silver disk on the motherboard that is about 20mm\.75" in diameter.