1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best DSL modem for distance?

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Xenokai, Jun 28, 2010.

1. Xenokai

Xenokai Regular member

Right now i have 2 modems. 1 is the one the DSL company gave me 3 years ago with my dsl (Zyxel p660). It works fine just this modem seems to have gotten weak per say and over a couple of days it just gets slow and requires a reset. The 2nd modem i have is a D-Link DSL 2540B modem/router combo. While it works great most of the time it doesnt seem to wanna handle my DSL from this distance. My old modem stays sync must easier and this one seems to have to resynce when it see's any kinda of weather change.

Anyway im looking for a modem/router combo that works well for a dsl connection that farther from the DSL box.

My Dlink shows a
    Attenuation of 57db down and 31.5db up and im looking for a modem that can handle my line better. Any suggestions would be great Thanks.

Edit i posted this in the other topics but never got a reply.

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

a senior member ought to know better then to mult-post so which do you want closed & don't do it again?

3. Xenokai

Xenokai Regular member

Yeah sorry ddp close the other and keep this one. But while ur here any suggestions on my OP?

Last edited: Jun 28, 2010
  4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

have you checked for a newer firmware update on 1st modem? is the combo also wireless?

5. Xenokai

Xenokai Regular member

i dont think my 1st model allows FW updates and my 2nd one does not have wireless, and there are no newer Firmware updates for it. Im looking for a new dsl modem/router combo that can hold sync better but most people seem to have cable so its been hard finding suggestions.