1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boot Failures with a GA-P55M-UD2

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by conb123, Mar 14, 2010.

1. conb123

conb123 Member

Hiya I am using the Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD2 and I am currently experiencing problems booting. I have got a core i7 860 with 4gb of G.Skill ripjaws 1600 mhz ram. My core i7 was running with a small overclock to 3.5 ghz for a good while at decent temperatures, low 30's idle and low 60's with prime95 small ffts. But just recently when I leave my pc turned off for around an hour and then go to switch it on again it boots, the fans spin, things light up as normal but there is nothing displayed on screen.

So I hold down the power button until it goes off, then when I switch the pc back on again I am greeted with a message saying that my overclock settings caused boot instabilities. I found this quite hard to believe since my PC had been running at the same overclock for about 2 months flawlessly and my temperatures were pretty good with a noctua nh-u12p in an Antec 300.

So as a little test I switched back to default clock settings (2.80 ghz) with only X.M.P on to push my memory up to it's advertised clock of 1600 mhz. I used it like this for a while with temperatures very low, mid 20's idle, I then turned it off for the night. Switching it on this morning the same thing happened again, I was greeted with a message about my overclock causing problems, they are all on their default values how could there be problems?!

Perhaps my power supply is faulty I don't know. Please help me out.

2. conb123

conb123 Member

Bump?