1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Canon PIXMA MP270 printer

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by golass, Apr 9, 2010.

1. golass

golass Regular member

Hello, everyone. I have been trying to connect a new Canon PIXMA MP270 printer to a friends desktop. The machine is a dell Optiplex GX520 and the OS is Windows XP Professional Version 2002 with Service pack 3. I uninstalled the old printer software first.So, I load the software disc 'n' it gets to the stage where I am told to connect and switch on the printer. However, after a few minutes, it says no Canon product is detected. I have uninstalled, restarted and tried again 5 times to no avail. What is going wrong? Can anyone please help. Tanx....(",)**

Last edited: Apr 9, 2010
  2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

try different usb ports(both front & back), try another usb cable, try printer on another pc just in case new printer is defective which does sometimes happen.

3. golass

golass Regular member

Hello. Tanx for the reply. I have tried all of the above with no luck but have got to the stage where the printer is recognised at last. When I try to print anything,however, nothing happens....Oh, the trials....

Last edited: Apr 11, 2010