1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ddr3 video card to ddr2 mother board

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by khatzerz, Nov 14, 2013.

1. khatzerz

khatzerz Newbie

hello guys i hope that all of you can able to help me to my problem to pc
    i bought a video card its ddr3 but my pc is ddr2 the first week the video card is working after a week my video card is not working i mean there's no display in my monitor ..
    after that i tried to borrow another video card to my friend and happly it works my question is this how can i be able to fix or i dont know or convert my video card ddr3 to my ddr2 mother board? can you teach me how? tnx

2. rulisky

rulisky Regular member

Your Mother Board came with a Manual. You should read it to see what items are acceptable to work on that Mother Board.

Do not have a Manual? See the Manufacturer web site for one. There may even be updates to your Manual since it was printed. Find this info on said site.

Lesson to be learned. Check to see if the video card is still any good (not actually damaged). You might be able to return it. You might be able to RMA if it is damaged and still under warranty. If you can not return it and it checks good, try selling it on eBay. I have sold my old video card (still good) when I update to a newer model.

3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

moved to correct forum as not a "linux - general discussion" issue. ddr3 videocard can be used on ddr2 motherboard just that you might have had a bad videocard. happened with a customer of mine with a brand new tower that had bad stick of ram & a bad videocard.

4. aldan

aldan Active member

ddp is right the ddr3 you are talking about is gddr3 or graphics memory.it has nothing to do with the memory supported by your motherboard.i have an old machine that runs ddr2 memory running a video card that has gddr5 memory.i agree here,it does sound like you have a bad card.