1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DELL OptiPlex GXa Won't Boot-up and Help

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Markytho, May 17, 2013.

1. Markytho

Markytho Member

I know that it's an old PC manufactured according to the inside in 1997 but I don't want to let it go. What it is is as soon as I turn it on nothing comes up on the screen and not even the BIOS screen whereas it did before. I think this happened after I took the battery out, but I put the battery back again and it's still the same so I'm hoping that someone can help me get it up running again before I throw it out. Thank you very much.

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

try another power supply with all drives disconnected. look at the silver top cans which are capacitors on the motherboard that they are not domed nor leaking brown stuff.

3. Markytho

Markytho Member

Can't try another integrated power supply because I don't have one, but I disconnected all drives and it was still the same. Instead of having to power it on by the switch after plugging it in, well as soon as I plug it in it powers on but of course it doesn't boot-up. I've had a look at the what you describe as being silver top cans which are the capacitors on the motherboard and none of them look domed nor are leaking stuff so I dunno

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

onboard video or videocard? right now i think it is the psu is causing the problem & don't have to use "integrated power supply" to see if posts or not. did you put the battery back in the same way as before?

5. Markytho

Markytho Member

It's onboard video and I'm pretty sure I put the coin battery back in the same because I think there can only be one way it can go unless it was upside down which I'm not stupid enough to have done so I understand that it's the ATX power supply that'd need replacing?