AfterDawn Forums

Gigabyte ep43-ud3l bios wont update for anything. PLEASE HELP! (Solved)

This discussion thread has 2 messages.

I am trying desperately to update the bios on my gigabyte mobo. I am pretty computer savvy, and have been at this a long time, although some how this is my first time flashing a bios.

I have tried every thing. Gigabyte offers a utility to flash from windows called @bios. I have tied this multiple times under varying circumstances, and the end result is always either the computer freezing, or flashing a blue screen and then rebooting. Although it sounds bad, the computer is left un harmed when this happens.

I have also tried flashing via USB storage device, but every time I enter the qflash utility and connect the flash drive with the bios on it, it freezes before I can even select flash from drive. The only things I havent tried are flashing from a floppy ( I dont have one) and making a boot cd ( I cant find any solid instructions on how to do this)

I already restored the default bios setting, but this didnt help either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I really would like to get this done. Here is some info on my computer.

Gigabyte ep43-ud3l MOBO

Intel Q8200 CPU Overclocked to 2.9ghz ( Restored default when attempting to flash)

4 Gigs GSKILL RAM

EVGA 9800GTX+ Superclocked edition graphics card
▼▼ This topic has 1 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
I have resolved my problem, and am posting the following on all of the forums that I reaquested help on, as it would seem that I am the first to flash my pcs bios with a psp. Or, at least the fist to post on any forums about it.

Ever wonder if you can flash your pc's bios with a PSP?

Well, you can. At least, you can if you are running a gigabye ep43-ud3l mobo. I posted a thread on here previously about having touble flashing. After trying multilbe methods, I finall took a leap of faith. I grabbed my psp, formatted the mem stick to fat32, loaded the psp with the bios update ONLY, and updated in q-flash. Please note that I do have custom firmware installed on my psp, although I dont think that it makes a lick of difference, seeing as you can use the psp as a "removable disc" regardless. I would be curious to know if this can be done on other mobo makes and models as well. Happy flashing!!!!
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.