1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphic SLI

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by LightXxX, Mar 28, 2011.

1. LightXxX

LightXxX Guest

I just found my Bro's Power Supply for his computer... http://www.superbiiz.com/detail.php...O0fBA8hE0lppAbqmwPPu2807nqu1JH930ao6wDRvGdOeU
    It lasted a year and a half... It failed but didn't ake any stuff... Read my other thread to see problems with his computer... It died after 1 year and a haf and it's cheaper than mine... How is it possible that the computer still running with all those lights and without anything burning awhile it failed? It didn't take the stuff with it, it turns on but im guessing it's probably some wire failed...

2. LightXxX

LightXxX Guest

I Just noticed the Evga GTS 450 FTW... Can i SLI with the FTW version with the Regular one or not?

3. Estuansis

Estuansis Active member

As far as your Bro's power supply it was cheap crap plain and simple. 1.5 years is a terrible lifetime and he didn't lose anything because he was lucky. Power supplies are super important. My Seasonic built Corsair 620W has been running for 2 and 1/2 years now on everything from dual cores to my current overclocked quad core with 2 video cards. And for 620W it was $150.

And the video card yeah it will work. As long as the number is the same you are good to go. Getting an overclocked one won't help your speed though because they will both run the same as the slowest card in the pair.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2011
  4. LightXxX

LightXxX Guest

How many watts would i need to run my computer with i7 950 overclocked over 4GHz, 2 video card, 1 HDD, Case Fans, and CD Drive? Im probably be getting a 600Watts or so, dont know how much my computer ganna be using...

I found a 600 Watts but do you think it ganna work on my computer at full load of everything?
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Corsair...38&ci_sku=1073679&ref=39&CJPID=3087823&loc=01
    I also found a 700Watts
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Corsair...38&ci_sku=1073697&ref=39&CJPID=3087823&loc=01

Which one you recommend? ill be getting one by few months or so because i needa save money, and it wouldn't die in the mean time....

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2011
  5. LightXxX

LightXxX Guest

Also, do you guys Guarantee that my power supply would last a year from now at least when i overclocked my CPU to 4.1GHz+???

6. Estuansis

Estuansis Active member

7. LightXxX

LightXxX Guest

8. LightXxX

LightXxX Guest

Ill think about it and ganna buy it by the next 6 month or so because imma use this PSU as useful as possible...

9. Estuansis

Estuansis Active member

Yeah once you have a good PSU the rest is simple. A quality PSU is the most important part of the whole computer. Good luck :)