1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to setup D Link DSL-G604T wireless ADSL Router?

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by mac_t13, Apr 13, 2013.

1. mac_t13

mac_t13 Regular member

I'm using Thomson ST536v6 ADSL modem for my broadband. Now I would like to wifi some of my gadgets and I have one D-Link DSL-G604T wireless ADSL router. May I know how to setup the router to the modem and wifi my mobile? I tried unplug the telphone line cable from modem to router, unplug the ethernet cable from my PC to router and get another ethernet cable plug to my laptop and router lan port. My trial and error sometimes can get connect and wifi but mobile shown excellent signal but no connection when go google play store. I'm lost. Thank you.

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

is that dlink also a modem being it is adsl?

3. mac_t13

mac_t13 Regular member

Yes, DSL-G604T wireless ADSL router is a 54Mbps Wireless ADSL Router with Built-in Modem, 4 Port 10/100Mbps Switch. I tried to use it as a modem just plug in the phone line from wall plug to this wireless router ADSL port and Ethernet cable connect my laptop to wireless router lan port. I never go in to the web browser to do any config but just run wizard and setup the ISP userid and password. When I go network and sharing center, it shown G604_WIreless : no internet access, Connections : Local Area Connection. Totally can't access internet from my laptop but my handphone can connect G604_wireless wifi showing signal excellent but also can't access internet. Thanks

Last edited: Apr 14, 2013