1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Iomega External 1TB Hard Drive Not Working

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Ron7777, Nov 11, 2009.

1. Ron7777

Ron7777 Member

This is the hard drive, it is still under warranty, hopefully tesco will sort it but Im hoping its just a small fault with an easy fix.

http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.204-6510.aspx

It powers on ok, but my computer or xbox 360 will not recognise it. I have 300gb of data on it, loads of music, home videos and every photo that Ive ever taken.

Really dont want to lose all of this, can anyone help???

I have tried a different usb cable but no joy....

2. scum101

scum101 Guest

I am noticing a very high failure rate with these 1tb drives. They seemed too cheap to be true when they came out.. I guess now people are finding out why.

Just as well I believe in proper networked arrays with no drive over 250 gigs really... like all the sensible money.

3. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

wat

500GB sized 2.5" drives are fine. All 3.5" drives are fine as long as you use good brands.

4. KillerBug

KillerBug Active member

Yeah...and dollar per GB, 1.5TB drives are the best deal...especialy if you are figuring in the RAID controlers needed to combine all those tiny 250GB drives into one large, usable array. 24 Port cards are not cheap!