1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Issue with Bios- Hp Pavilion Notebook

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by adx018, Jan 16, 2010.

1. adx018

adx018 Member

Hi, I own a Hp Pavilion 6519tx notebook and have been experiencing a bios fault during start up. The notebook powers up as normal but it stays a blank screen with only a blinking cursor in the top left hand corner. I am then continually forced to restart the notebook (which can be up to 5 times on some occasions) until it eventually boots up into the windows screen. I followed a troubleshooting tip from the hp website which said to try resetting the default bios settings from the bios menu which I tried and seemed to solve my problem with a perfect start up. However as soon as I shutdown and opened by notebook the next day I am presented with the same problem. Resetting the bios settings seems to do the trick although it doesn't seem to save and keeps changing every time I shutdown even though I choose the save and exit option from the bios menu. I have also tried different methods such as updating the bios and taking out the ram and re-inserting it but to no positive result.

I was wondering if anyone would be able to offer some sort of solution or had an idea of how to make the default bios settings permanent. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. lubricant

lubricant Guest

f10 in bios after you make the settings you want.
    try changing your cmos coin battery.