1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for HP Pavilion Drivers

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by The_Ones, Jul 21, 2009.

1. The_Ones

The_Ones Member

Howdy

I am looking for Drivers for an HP Pavilion a6863w-b. This Computer has Vista Home Premium with SP1. The HP web site does not have XP drivers listed for this model. I am looking to do a clean XP install. Are there any third party drivers or drivers compatible with this model ? These are the Vista Drivers for reference.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=2093&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&product=3957630&lang=en

If someone could help me find XP Drivers i would appreciate it alot.

Thanks in advance

2. djscoop

djscoop Active member

since your computer has vista I'm assuming its a fairly new computer. you might have trouble finding XP drivers. I can't speak for HP products, but I know that other brands such as Dell and Sony are making new desktops and laptops that no longer support XP. While I'm sure that the hardware could run on XP if it had the drivers, but I have found that the manufacturers are no longer making or providing drivers for hardware.

if you can find the make and model of your various computer hardware (graphics card, network card, sound card etc...) then you could probably do an internet search and find drivers for those components. but if the motherboard is specific to that computer, then HP would be the only ones making drivers for it, and in that case you would be screwed if it doesn't make a XP driver for it.

like I said I might be mistaken, but i have had this same problem with both Sony and Dell.

3. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

If the hp website doesn't list drivers for xp in the select OS then there are none,since you don't have any drive imaging software i would use a spare hdd,remove the drive that has vista on it & install the spare then load xp & see what happens,failing that buy a comp with xp on it they're as cheap as or run xp as a virtual pc inside vista,msvpc 2007 will do the job & you can transfer data between the two

4. JamPS

JamPS Member

Consider using Windows 7, it runs as good as XP.

5. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Good point although it would pay to check date of last post before replying :p