1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Maxtor external hardrive problem

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by winks, Jan 24, 2011.

1. winks

winks Member

I've got a Maxtor 750gb external hardrive with all my AVI films on. All the files play fine and are recognised on my pc but a minority of them are not recognised when i plug it into my Sumvision Cyclone Micro Media Player Adaptor which is connected to my tv. These unrecognised files are recognised and play on the media player if they are on a flashdisc though! The only noticeable thing i can see is that these files which are unrecognised the titles all have BLUE font colour instead of normal black font colour when you access the hardrive through a pc ?????

Has anyone else had this problem or knows a solution for it please help ? ... Thanx !

2. mrslicker

mrslicker Regular member

blue means it is compressed on the disk. if you have room try to select the blue font color titles as a batch and enter the properties of those files as a batch and then uncompress them, it might ask if you want to do that for 1,782 files or however many.

3. winks

winks Member

Thanx mrslicker but how do i batch these files and uncompress them ?

4. mrslicker

mrslicker Regular member

select all the affected files, and right-click in windows select 'Advanced' to the right of attributes and the option should be there.

5. winks

winks Member

Thanx mrslicker ..... i did what you advised and now the font is in black and my media player recognises these files now ! .... But i've encountered another problem now !!! ... The media player will play some of the files perfectly but on others it will not play them at all and the rest it plays video fine but there is no sound ????? .... If you have any advice on that i would be totally grateful ? ... Thanx !