1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

medion drive n go problem ...

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by lizzy44, Mar 9, 2011.

1. lizzy44

lizzy44 Member

HI
    I NEED HELP WITH MY EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE MEDION DRIVE N GO I CANT ACCESS MY FILES WHEN I PLUG IT INTO MY PC I LEFT IT FALL LAST WEEK AND NOW I CANT GET MY FILES WHEN I PLUG IT IN THE BLUE LIGHT COMES ON BUT THERE IS A BLEEPING NOISE COMING FROM THE DRIVE PLEASE PLEASE ANYONE HELP ME AS I HAVE EVERYTHING STORED ON IT AND I CANT REPLACE THEM ...

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

knock off the caps lock as refered to as shouting which is a forum rule no no. can try puting the drive into another enclosure to see what happens but 9 out of 10 the drive is no garbage. can send the drive to a data recovery company but expect to pay more than $300 to retrieve your info. always have 2 seperate copies of your info so if 1 goes bad, you still have the other.

3. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

dropped = broken

the cheaper option is to buy exactly the same make and model of hdd and then in a completely dust free environment dismantle the drives and swap the silver platter.. I have done this inside a plastic bag and managed to retrieve about 90% of the data.. but then both drives were treated as trash (have been opened not in a clean room environment so will be contaminated.. sell on ebay maybe?).. which is why these types of data recovery are sooooo expensive. In my case it was very valuable commercial data.. customer account details and work in progress, obviously very important and not just some ripped films and scanned photos.. but generally most people seeking this kind of work don't have anything of real financial value.. consider carefully, because chances are a lot of what you think has value can be very easily replaced.