1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help with finding internet

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by tarw, Mar 7, 2011.

1. tarw

tarw Member

Hi to everyone and hope youcan give me some advice. Right the first laptop is my daughters (compaq f500 running Vista home premium) she had a lot of viruses on there that were stopping the computer from doing anything so she asked my son to wipe it clean but she cant find her recovery disc so he told her that he would try it with his
    mothers disks who also has a compaq running xp home edition she said didnt matter about what its running.
    So he did that but for some reason he dont know, it starts fine he has installed a few other bits of software for her, camera and stuff but in the tray at the bottom there are no tv screens showing up to say if he has access to the wirless internet so cant get on the other 3 laptops in the house are fine, any ideas and help would be much appreciated. Please give abc instructions please cos im not the best at this.
    Tarw

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

3. tarw

tarw Member

Hi thanks for the reply the laptop my son wiped has another number which says f545ea on a sticker at the bottom so would it be this. The recovery disks he installed back onto the laptop were from a compaq presario m2000, hope this is of help.
    Brian

4. tarw

tarw Member

Hi all pretty desperate person here is there no one out there who can help me get this thing back online, please, please pretty please.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2011
  5. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

6. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member