1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nVidia SLI issue

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Hostile_, Mar 2, 2010.

1. Hostile_

Hostile_ Member

Hi. I have had an Asus ENGTX260 for sometimes now and got another one not so long ago. I put them both on my mainboard. The problem is that they don't seem to work properly as I've tested several games and the FPS isn't any better than before even when I overclock them. I have the latest updates for my VGA, mainboard and my monitor. I've done several benchmark tests and it's the same story. I have also enabled SLI option in nVidia display settings.

Specs:

Mainboard: Asus P5N72-T Premium
    VGA: Asus ENGTX260 x2 @ 675/1455/1240
    CPU: Intel QX6850 @ 3.33
    Ram: OCZ Platinum 1GB x2 @ 1066
    Harddrive: Total of 6
    Monitor: LG 2433LW

2. Estuansis

Estuansis Active member

Did you remember the SLI bridge that connects the two cards? And if so did you try using the other set of connections?(each card has two SLI connectors so you can use more than two cards)

Also are you sure they are the exact same card? Brand won't matter, but there are two versions of the GTX260: The GTX260 and the GTX260-216. Make sure both cards are the same in that regard.

I'll tell you right now that overclocking video cards is an extremely bad idea. I've seen many go in a puff of smoke even from mild OCs. Not to mention that the GTX260 isn't exactly a great OC'er. It would be better to remove your OC until you've confirmed SLI is working.