AfterDawn Forums

Realtek driver install problems

This discussion thread has 4 messages.

Just reinstalled XP home on my old 2.66 Celeron desktop & I have driver cd , but keep getting code 10 on Realtek H/def sound & tried all fixes & Hot fixes I found on the web [and there are many ] I followed the guide in Guides section & still code 10 . [img]I am going back to square 1 & reinstall XP & when should I install drivers before XP service pack update's or after & should I use Realtek driver on CD or updated WDM_234 .[/img] When I unstall both UAA & Realtek drivers & reboot the wizard finds new H/W & goes thru all the right steps & then code 10 & task bar has message a problem occurred & H/W might not work properly .
Cheers Ozi

ausiewombat
▼▼ This topic has 3 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
moved to correct forum.
Don't use any of the drivers off of that CD...by the time you get a driver cd with a device, everything on it is at least 6 months old, usualy older. Go online & download the latest chipset, audio, video, network, and all other drivers, and use these for the install. I would do this before the service pack and updates, as this will make the updates go much faster. I would also use nLite to integrate the service pack and hotfixes into the install CD/DVD/Flash...this saves a lot of time and also makes for a much cleaner install.

Many thanks KillerBug , your advice much appreciated & nLite looks interesting .
Ozi

Update , new XP install & still problems installing Realtek H/D ,so installed sound card .
Ozi
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 19 Oct 2009 @ 9:03

ausiewombat
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.