1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony 3d display for gaming pc? what you think?

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by gibbey531, Jul 20, 2012.

1. gibbey531

gibbey531 Member

My faithful 23" gateway monitor finally crashed on me and I'm in the market for a new monitor for my gaming PC. I came across the sony 24" 3d display on sale for a pretty decent price for something that is 3d, 1080p, and 240hz. Now the 3d is hit or miss for me: personally 3d isn't a must have, but more of a neat little extra that would be fun to try out. Now my rig at the moment is running dual GTX 460's in SLI and I'm not 100% sure how the 3d would be configured with the sony monitor (or if it even can). I was just wondering if anyone had any input as to how this 3d display works as a monitor, possibly from personal use. Any input helps!!!

thanks!

2. Ripper

Ripper Active member

The GTX 460 supports 3D, so presumably it'd be straightforward to set up. Obviously the content you're playing/watching would need to be 3D too.

Haven't got any personal experience to add though, sorry.

3. JST1946

JST1946 Regular member

The only problem I see is that some people will get headaches from watching stuff in 3D after a long period of time.