1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Western Digital WD5000AAKS Hardrive Sata port damage! HELP!

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by isogamer, Dec 18, 2009.

1. isogamer

isogamer Member

Okay so here is the problem. I have a INTERNAL western Digital hardrive... the Sata port i guess you would call it a female. It is damaged. The power SATA is good, but what happened with the SATA port i was yanking out the sata cable and the pins on my hardrive sata port is loose and i can't replug the sata cable back into it. It doesn't fit. So what i want to do now is REPLACE the board that is attached to my internal hardrive. It looks like a board, and all i want to do is replace the board so i can start accessing my Hardrive data.

The Sata board says samsung 746 k4s2816231 vc60 that is the serial number (i think) thats what it shows me.

SO is there anyway i can go to the manufacture website and order it? WHAT is the exact name of this board? And can i also get it from ebay? Plz help thx!

2. isogamer

isogamer Member

3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

moved to correct forum as not a windows issue.

4. KillerBug

KillerBug Active member

You say the plug won't go back onto it? If this is the case, the problem is probably due to a piece of plastic that is bent over sideways and blocking the cable from going on. Just pull the piece of plastic out, and you should be able to connect...at least long enough to get your data back.