1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gamecube backups loading and then I get error

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by charliepf, Jan 18, 2010.

1. charliepf

charliepf Member

The gamecube backups now load up! but they give me an error that is similar to "an error has occurred. press the power button to turn off system and refer to the instruction booklet."
    this happened with both wind waker and super mario sunshine (burned using imgburn at 2x speed)

2. young_one

young_one Regular member

Not sure if you were able to get a fix yet. But if not,.. are you using mini DVDs or the 4.7gb full DVDs.

I have the same problems with mini DVDs and when I tried the full size DVDs the problem was solved.

From what i see while the game is being read, when the laser gets to the end of the mini DVD, it has a problem reading that area of the disk.

Just my observation.

3. Menion

Menion Regular member

On the Gamecube after time playing the ohmz drop on the laser potentiometer. Chances are as they are dropping they get to a point they can no longer read the discs but before adjusting that Make sure you are using Ridata Ritek media, I'm serious the GC is the most picky piece of $hit i have ever witnessed and I encountered the same probs on 2 cubes with verbatim, swapped to Ritek probs stopped on 1 and had to ever so slightly adjust the Pot on the other and it stopped.