1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SD Media Launcher trouble..not recognizing discs.

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by Krishna21, Jul 27, 2010.

1. Krishna21

Krishna21 Guest

Hey guys, well, this is my first post here :\

Here I found a guide to play burned copies of games for NGC through the SD Media Launcher..

SO i ordered:

A) SD Media Launcher

b) 20PK of 1.4GB Mini DVD-R discs.

c) 2GB SD

So, I downloaded a Paper Mario TYD ISO from a trusted source, and burned at 2x with IMGBUrn.

I launch the media launcher, select the DOL for GCOS and then put the disc in when it tells me to.

Through all the versions I've used..I got media not recognized, a redirection to the menu, or just hanging at "mounting in progress"

I've used the following:

GCOS 1.5

GCOS 1.x

GCOS Public Beta

And NONE of them work.

Can anyone redirect me so I Can get my burned copy of Paper Mario to work?

if so, that'd be great

2. Menion

Menion Regular member

first off did Gcos even boot up? If so your in good shape, I have modded several cubes and the main thing people look over is "Adjusting the pot" and "Correct Media" At first i just though there were the "Hardcores" but after the first couple cubes i realized that box is pickier about its media than i am with my food!

First off the most successful media that i can get to play on all of the cubes is "Ridata(Ritek)" get that media give it a try if still fails you need to adjust the pot (search it and you will find tutorials on it and just keep playing with it, screw what others say about a particular range if your over 300ohmz just keep mking slow turns and then testing till it does work.