AfterDawn Forums

Possible to play ps1 and 2 games with HDD?

This discussion thread has 4 messages.

I have looked online, and it is supposedly possible to play ps1 and ps2 ISO's off of an External Hard Drive on PS2, WITHOUT modding. Is this true, and if it is, how do I do it? I haven't been able to access youtube (internet too slow.)

Please help!
▼▼ This topic has 3 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
you'd want to google softmod (there are various ways to do it) then after you softmod you'd want to install & run a program called hd loader.it should work.use hd loader to boot the iso files on the hard drive.

custom built gaming pc from early 2010,ps2 with 15 games all original,ps3 500gbs with 5 games all original,yamaha amp and 5.1channel surround sound speakers,46inch sony lcd smart tv.
you cant play ps1 games off the hdd the only thing that will do this is a "in progress" ps1 emulator for the ps2 which last time i looked the sound was disabled on it and its kinda complicated to get it working. best thing to do for ps1 games is either chip a ps2 and play them from a cd-r or chip a ps1(chipping ps1 is so easy). the easiest and best looking way is use the ePSXe ps1 emulator to play ps1 games on your pc instead.
Originally posted by Kannz:
you cant play ps1 games off the hdd the only thing that will do this is a "in progress" ps1 emulator for the ps2 which last time i looked the sound was disabled on it and its kinda complicated to get it working. best thing to do for ps1 games is either chip a ps2 and play them from a cd-r or chip a ps1(chipping ps1 is so easy). the easiest and best looking way is use the ePSXe ps1 emulator to play ps1 games on your pc instead.
Actually you can but you need the original ps2 40 gig hard drive and a cd called advance hd for ps2 it installs games onto the 40 gig hard drive but only works with the original ps2 hard drive
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 19 Dec 2012 @ 0:11
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.