AfterDawn Forums

PS2 Memory Card slot 1 repair

This discussion thread has 6 messages.

Hello my phat ps2 wont read cards in memory card slot 1 only in slot 2. the game i love only saved/loads from slot 1. are slot 1 and 2 identical enough that i can open the ps2 and switch ports >?
or how do i fix this problem easily
▼▼ This topic has 5 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
Originally posted by scothic18:
Hello my phat ps2 wont read cards in memory card slot 1 only in slot 2. the game i love only saved/loads from slot 1. are slot 1 and 2 identical enough that i can open the ps2 and switch ports >?
or how do i fix this problem easily
You don't.

the memory card slots are soldered to a single board if you lost slot one then your board is bad and about to die which is not good at all sorry
megadunderhead, because slot 1 is is not reading or is dead does not always means the board is dying as i've seen that on computers a number of times.
i remember a similar problem on ps1 and 1 of the chips had to be replaced on the main board.
unless the slot is just filled with dust i dont think it will be an easy fix.

custom built gaming pc from early 2010,ps2 with 15 games all original,ps3 500gbs with 5 games all original,yamaha amp and 5.1channel surround sound speakers,46inch sony lcd smart tv.
Originally posted by xboxdvl2:
i remember a similar problem on ps1 and 1 of the chips had to be replaced on the main board.
unless the slot is just filled with dust i dont think it will be an easy fix.
see most ps2 consoles have several things that go wrong on them 1 they have the fuse not owrking on the board this is why you get no controller functional issues like the controllers plugged in but not working most people when the memory card slot starts to go they turn to ebay or to amazon to unload the system and once you have the system in your hands they disappear and take there money and you got stuck with a dead deck i have 13 right now i am waiting on new memory card slots for the parts cost me 300.00 for all 13 to repair i just recommend buy a new deck
i only have 1 ps2.had a pre owned 1 but was refunded under warrenty about 3 weeks after i got it.kept turning itself off, got full refund and brought a brand new 1.the new 1 seemed to have problems reading games about 6 months after i got it but my mum had thrown out the receipt for it while going through my cupboards.still got the ps2 just havnt turned it on for about 2 years.

custom built gaming pc from early 2010,ps2 with 15 games all original,ps3 500gbs with 5 games all original,yamaha amp and 5.1channel surround sound speakers,46inch sony lcd smart tv.
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.