AfterDawn Forums

Ps2 slim hard disk issue.

This discussion thread has 4 messages.

I have been off the ps2 scene for quite some time so please bear with me.I know that you can run a harddisk on a ps2 slim but I'm not sure if that is just limited to internal hdd's or external hdd's and what physical size hdd would I need so that it might fit into the ps2 slim.Please reply asap because its kind of an urgency.Thanks in advance for your help.
▼▼ This topic has 3 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
pretty sure ps2 slim cant have a hdd put into it as is. either use openps2loader with a samba share or usb hdd from the ps2 usb port. theres also a kind of kit that you can buy off some sites that will allow you to hook a ide hdd internally but I think that requires soldering and some slims aren't compatible.
Originally posted by Kannz:
pretty sure ps2 slim cant have a hdd put into it as is. either use openps2loader with a samba share or usb hdd from the ps2 usb port. theres also a kind of kit that you can buy off some sites that will allow you to hook a ide hdd internally but I think that requires soldering and some slims aren't compatible.
actually they make a replacement case for the ps2 slim that holds two hard drives for use with advance hd
http://img.tjskl.org.cn/nimg/cb/35/5c06...ph_900xx_v1.jpg

Here is a picture of what i am talking about it is for the hdloader program which allows you to install ps2 games to the hard drive
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.