AfterDawn Forums

Modded PS2 booting legit PS1 import

This discussion thread has 2 messages.

Hi!

A couple of weeks ago, I bought both Dance Dance Revolution 2nd Remix, and 3rd Mix for PS, hoping to play it on my fat American PlayStation 2 v3. It's mod chipped (Magic 2, afaik), and reads both local and import PS2 back-ups (I have not tested legit PS2 imports just yet), local and import PS1 back-ups, and DVD movies, just as any modded PS2 would.

Those who are familiar with the games should know that a Warning message shows up even before the Memory card check. I first try with DDR 3rd Mix. It boots perfectly fine at first: the PS logo shows up, and it gets to the Warning screen with no issue.

Then, the Memory card notice appears on-screen for a second, until this comes up:

The text is unreadable. I just can make up a phone number as the last line. I assume the rest is in English. It's the first time this has ever happened to me, and I have no idea what to do about it. I tried 2nd Remix, getting the same result, only in Japanese:

Just to prove they are legit copies, here's a picture of both games:

Is it something that may happen on other games, or does it only happen in DDR? Excuse any n00bness, I haven't the slightest idea. Any help would be appreciated... pretty please?
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 14 Nov 2012 @ 0:12
▼▼ This topic has 1 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
Actually you cannot run ddr from other countries it has a detection protocol that detects the consoles region coding even if you have a mod chip you need a action replay or a codebreaker it will boot it
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.