AfterDawn Forums

Swap Magic 3.8 CD not working

This discussion thread has 5 messages.

#1
i have a ps2 slim, and the swap magic dvd works very well. but the cd version doesn't even load at all, and i need it to load cd backups. so does anyone know how to either fix the cd version, or possibly use the dvd (working) one to load cd backups? or possibly convert a cd based game to dvd to load with the dvd one? i just want a way to load my cd backups, any solutions are appreciated. thanks in advance!
▼▼ This topic has 4 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
#2
Are these CD backups you speak of PS2 games? If they are, there are guides for that:
eg. http://psx-scene.com/forums/f164/%5Btut...-esr-use-58489/

For PS1 games, you might be SOL.
#3
Originally posted by mirbramo:
i have a ps2 slim, and the swap magic dvd works very well. but the cd version doesn't even load at all, and i need it to load cd backups. so does anyone know how to either fix the cd version, or possibly use the dvd (working) one to load cd backups? or possibly convert a cd based game to dvd to load with the dvd one? i just want a way to load my cd backups, any solutions are appreciated. thanks in advance!
If i remember right sony figured out how to block certain swap magic disks on certain models i know the dvd version has always worked but the cd version stopped about 3 years ago
#4
Originally posted by xbkrypt0n:
Are these CD backups you speak of PS2 games? If they are, there are guides for that:
eg. http://psx-scene.com/forums/f164/%5Btut...-esr-use-58489/

For PS1 games, you might be SOL.
They are ps2 games. I actually already tries that guide and it didn't work. It says it's for use with esr... I don't know what that is. It also said I should patch it like I would normally do with esr. I have no idea what it's talking about. Could you please shed some light?
#5
Originally posted by mirbramo:
They are ps2 games. I actually already tries that guide and it didn't work. It says it's for use with esr... I don't know what that is. It also said I should patch it like I would normally do with esr. I have no idea what it's talking about. Could you please shed some light?
ESR is for FreeMcBoot (modding PS2 with just a memory card), if you're not using it, just ignore the ESR stuff.
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.