AfterDawn Forums

Problem backing up Suikoden 5

First of all I would like to say hello to everyone because I am new here. Now about my problem: I seem to have trouble backing up Suikoden 5 on my ps2. After ripping the iso from my game, I burned it on a verbatim dvd-r using imgburn at AWS(automatic write speed).
The ps2 I have is a fat ntsc-u ps2 that uses freemcboot 1.8. The thing is that the game loads up fine at the start but then all of a sudden it stops loading after the pink/blue screen. When I listen closely to the noises the disc makes inside the ps2, it sounds like it suddenly stops loading.The only way I can continue the game is if I shake the ps2 for a little while but even then it still lags. I used up about 5 dvd-r and I tried different programs like alcohol 120 and nero at different speeds (4x and 8x speeds) but still no luck. On a side note, I am having this exact same problem with backing up Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne. I'm at a loss right now because every other game I backed up works fine and for some reason these games won't work properly. Any ideas on what I should do?
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 24 Dec 2012 @ 0:24
▼▼ This topic has 0 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.