1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox360 and a PC Montior

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by beAztiE, Feb 18, 2011.

1. beAztiE

beAztiE Member

Hi, part of this question has already been answered. I realize I need a VGA Cable to play my Xbox360 on a PC Monitor. But, when I play xbox I use a Turtle Beach headset. The Audio side of the VGA Cable is quite confusing to me. Where would I plug-in the Audio Cords if I were to use the headset?
    Thanks.

2. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

You couldn't be more vague, so the vga adaptor for the xbox has rca ports on it yes then use the the diagram in the link to figure out your setup,notice the dual rca adaptor to get stereo sound to headset,if the headset you have has only the std wiring with the small plug all you need is a dual rca adaptor for it to connect it to the audio out ports

http://www.google.co.nz/images?clie...v&sa=X&ei=PDpfTdWuIJDOrQfIxYziAg&ved=0CE8QsAQ

3. beAztiE

beAztiE Member

Mmmkay... Heres to be less vague. I want to play my xbox360 on my PC Monitor. Okay, we got that far. BUT, My pc monitor has no speakers? Where do I plug the red & white cables (the audio) of the VGA cable into? Because I can't plug it into my monitor. Now, also on the flip side, I have my headset. It's a Turtle Beach X11's. Now since I'm not familiar with device names, I'll have to show you what the cords look like.

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/nuBEsEBSaGQ/0.jpg

What would I plug that, and my VGA Cable audio, into? The audio seems to need a base, a TV, a Monitor, etc. I want to know what that base would be.
    Thanks.

4. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Those two plugs will go into the audio out of the 360,to connect the 360 to the monitor you first need the all in one adaptor here's the thing there are two types that i know of,HDMI & VGA.

The HDMI kit has two parts they are as follows a HDMI Cable & the adaptor plug (bit that goes into xbox) which is thinner in height to the original 360 plug & has two rca ports on the rear of that plastic adaptor bit which is where the two rca plugs in your picture would go,if you have an hdmi port on your 360 it would be better to get that kit & then get an adaptor to go from hdmi to vga this way you can game on hdmi on a tv if you so wish to get the best picture

OK here's the vga adaptor cable your after & should have,your plugs in the picture (called RCA)connect to the two rca's on the end of this cable (on the HDMI kit the two rca connectors are not on the end of the cable but are where the opitical out is on the plug that connects to the xbox)

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Gaming/Xbox-360/Accessories/Cables-leads/auction-356028814.htm

Last edited: Feb 19, 2011
  5. beAztiE

beAztiE Member

Thanks for the help, I understand it now.
    I was just confused about where my sound would go, but I looked up a video of the unwrapping of a VGA Cable, and they showed the adapter for the audio.
    Again, thanks for the help.