1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd players

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by rtrg, Jul 2, 2013.

1. rtrg

rtrg Regular member

Can anyone provide me with a list of players that either predate macrovision, allow it to be disabled easily, or simply ignores it. Brands/model numbers, old or current. I would think the generation one player would be a good solution. I had an ancient player that simply ignored MACRO. It might have even predated it.

2. keebles

keebles Regular member

not to be rude or anything, but why? If your trying to copy dvds, google dvdfab

3. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

not understanding what macrovision is as ive never had a problem with it.im using a dvd player from 2008 a philips.it plays copied cds,dvds,divx,mp3s.

4. rtrg

rtrg Regular member

Macrovision is/was a copy protection scheme first for vcrs and then dvds. It prevents dvd recorders from copying dvds played in a player sent to a dvd recorder. That is an overview. Almost ALL dvd players are equipped to read and send a MACROVISION signal along with the content to the recorder preventing recording. What I need is a player that PREDATES MACROVISION. In other words a player that CANNOT detect the protection because it lacks the circuit to do so. DVDs appeared in 1996/7. I need a player made in that year or perhaps a bit later BEFORE MV was incorporated in ALL players. Have you tried to record from your player to a stand alone dvd recorder. If the player/dvd is protected as I suspect the recorder will display "CANNOT RECORD" or similar. If recording proceeds concider yourself lucky.

5. aldan

aldan Active member

im pretty sure there are some free programs out there that will get by that ancient copy protection.ive used dvd copy 123 back in the day and it worked fine on the old stuff.no need to buy a player imo.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2013
  6. rulisky

rulisky Regular member

But WHY try to record from one player to a standalone??

Seems like the long route to me. As keebles said "DVDFab" or any one of several other programs can do it right on your PC.

More direct and simple!! And you do not need to find any old machine that is no longer made.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2013