1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

playing my cable through dvd player

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by daz1968, Mar 19, 2011.

1. daz1968

daz1968 Member

as the title says i wish to play my cable through my dvd player, i might get a better picture as it is hd, i need help as i dont know how to do this. i bought a new tv which is an lg and my dvd player is samsung please help daz

2. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

pffttt.. the quality of cable depends on the tuner you have from your cable provider NOT your dvd player which will not have a cable decoder etc in it.. and most of it is blocky crap mpegs

3. JVC

JVC Active member

If you're talking about a regular dvd player, it's not going to work. Not possible.
    If you're talking about an HTIB (home theater in a box) with built-in dvd player, the receiver part of it must upconvert everything to HDMI, for what you want to do. Most cheap HTIBs can't do this. It's only the higher end, than entry level, receivers that do this (maybe $600 and above). The tv should be upscaling the pic, as much as it can be. You should be using digital cable too, for best quality picture.

4. EsssWeb

EsssWeb Member

I will go through with ps355528 that the quality of cable depends on the tuner you have from your cable provider....

Last edited: Jul 6, 2011