1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seeking a new dvd player.

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by MubashirHawlk, Feb 24, 2011.

1. MubashirHawlk

MubashirHawlk Member

Hi there,

We are having a DVD player since 2009, and it getting very outdated any dont meet my requirement, so I have decided to buy a new one. If you know some good brands please suggest me. I have three options, such as Sony, Panasonic and Samsung. I need the one which equipped with latest video formats and more connectivity. Price is not a consideration.

Thanks a ton.

2. mike.m

mike.m Regular member

Have you looked into getting a DVD Up-converter instead of a plain DVD Player? Sony, Toshiba, and Panasonic are the best brands to get. Samsung is great with TV's, but players from Sony and Panasonic offer much better quality.

Panasonic DVD-S68 (don't know if it plays mkv)
    Toshiba SD7300

Since price is not a factor, why not buy a blu-ray player? They are great upconverters, and some now finally can play files like mkv. Plus, you'll always have the option to later upgrade and start buying/renting blu-ray movies.

Sony-S750
    Sony BDP-S770
    Pansoinc DMP-BDT350
    Toshiba BDX3000
    And if you really got cash to burn, take a look at Oppo's latest Blu-ray player lineup.

Most of the players I listed should though play avi, divx/xvid, wmv, mp4, avchd.

3. mike.m

mike.m Regular member

edit: deleted - repost

Last edited: Feb 25, 2011
  4. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

i was thinking of getting a new dvd player but the people working in the electric departments dont seem seem to know what xvid is let alone recommend a player that will play them.

5. wg1

wg1 Member

I don't buy anything except Philips and so far I haven't been disappointed. The last one I purchased from Amazon was the DVP 3560 for $49.98.
    * Plays PAL/NTSC dvds from any region any country on any american TV.
    * This DVD player brings movies to life with stunning 1080p up scaling of your standard DVDs
    * DVD, DVD+R/+RW/-R/-RW, CD, CD-R/-RW, VCD/SVCD, MP3-CD, MP3-DVD, WMA-CD, DivX, Picture CD and Kodak Picture CD formats for a variety of choices
    * Lets you convert the contents of audio CDs to MP3s and store them on a USB flash drive.
    * Screen Fit for optimal viewing on the Philips DVD player