1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

softmod file download?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by Who_U, Jul 7, 2009.

1. Who_U

Who_U Member

hay, first of all i would like to say, if this is not allowed, or in the wrong topic, please alert me and move it, and i am very sorry.

i would like to softmod my xbox with my modded xbox (read this post)and was wondering if i could please have the FILES off of your hard drive (not including any personal files , e.g. saves, games, music etc..) because i would like to format and upload to a drive, and i have SID 5.01 (Softmod Installer Deluxe) but that is designed to run from a savegame exploit.

if anyone could help, it would be greatly appreciated

sorry to admin/mods if i have done nything wrong in this post

cheers ;)

Last edited: Jul 7, 2009
  2. dennisv9

dennisv9 Regular member

i believe this is discussed many times over and over and over........ (referring to your own post you linked in this message)

to put any harddrive in any xbox which boots of the standard microsoft bios, you need to lock the harddrive with the specific xbox's eeprom. this eeprom is different on every xbox, so you cannot put harddrive 1 from xbox 1 into xbox 2 because the eeproms (of xbox 1 and xbox 2) do not match (ending you up with error 6).

so you cannot prepare a harddrive, put it into an unmodded xbox of which you don't know the eeprom of and hoping it will boot. this will give you error 5 (harddrive not locked). if you lock it with the eeprom of your chipped xbox, you will get the above error 6 (wrong eeprom).

so for your unmodded xbox, you need to either run the sid to backup the eeprom (or get the eeprom another way). after you get the eeprom, you can prepare any harddrive with the softmod files you are looking for, but you need to lock the drive with the eeprom (use the hdm disc for that, look for the tutorial).

but if you came this far, why not just run the sid and softmod that way.

but then again, you need an original game to run the sid exploit, and you don't have that so you cannot come this far.

so without getting the eeprom.bin file, getting softmodded files is useless since they will not do you any good without the eeprom.bin. to get the eeprom the easy way, you need to run the sid via the game exploit that uses (yes really, really) on of the 3 ORIGINAL game.

so if after all this, you actually know this all, and have the eeprom.bin backed up somewhere, go look for c4rn1's posts. he has all the softmodded files for all xboxes v1-v16 uploaded somewhere.

if you don't have the eeprom.bin, you need to get the harddrive locked the hard way. you can still download the above softmod files, prepare a harddrive using the hdm disc, but you need to lock the harddrive. to lock the harddrive (at least for me) the difficult way, is to hotswap (that is a pain in the behind, i never could get that to work......). so also look for that tutorial.

to summarize

if you have backed up the correct eeprom.bin, download the softmod files prepare the hdm disc and use that to prepare the harddrive for your unmodded xbox. lock the harddrive with the eeprom.bin using the hdm disc (last step)

if you do not have an eeprom.bin and cannot get a hold of it (you don't have the original games), still get the softmod files and prepare the hdm disc. but the last step of locking is done via hotswapping!