1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

software activation problem

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by FrMarkH, Sep 28, 2009.

1. FrMarkH

FrMarkH Member

I am begging your forgiveness for this, I'm sure unappreciated post. I bought DVDxCOPY over five years ago, legitimately (at Office Max in Lima, Ohio --I still have the original disc) and I used it happily for years, but since my hard drive crashed I can reinstall on my new hard drive but can't activate. I've called, read forums for hours, gone to sites, etc. but I literally can't afford to buy any more software (I'm the priest of St Stephen Orthodox Church, which pays me a small stipend and I have two other jobs but they pay very little; my wife and I have eight children and we are overdrafted at our bank regularly; we have no savings account). I understand all the forums are closed about this, and I understand the one person helping folks was someone "Ireland" and s/he is no longer active, but can anyone help me, please?

2. dailun

dailun Active member

DVDxCOPY is no longer supported. 321 Studios (the company that published) was sued into non-existence by the Macrovision and other entities.

In other words, the activation servers no longer exist and you will not be able to activate your copy.

There are two threads which address problems with DVDxCOPY but neither are really applicable since the product is, for the most part, extinct.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/forum_view.cfm/78

There are other options that, although they require some learning, are free and do as good (better) a job as DVDxCopy.

Please review the forums in this site for alternative options.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2009
  3. iluvendo

iluvendo Active member

For free help, look here

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/675820

btw, I always thought priests were celebate, so how did you get a wife and 8 children ?

4. FrMarkH

FrMarkH Member

Thanks for your reply, but I've still found no help with my activation problem. I'm an Orthodox priest, most of whom are married.
    [Parenthetical history note: For one thousand years, there was only one church worldwide; In 1054 there was a split, called "the Great Schism," which resulted in the Roman Catholic West (consisting of Western Europe) and the Orthodox East (consisting of all the rest --from Africa to the Middle East to India and China; every church mentioned in the New Testament, except Rome, was/is Orthodox).]

5. killalot

killalot Active member

With a lot of early nights :) Good lad...

btw, I always thought priests were celebate, so how did you get a wife and 8 children ?[/quote]

6. dailun

dailun Active member

I reiterate -

DVDxCOPY is no longer supported. 321 Studios (the company that published) was sued into non-existence by the Macrovision and other entities.

In other words, the activation servers no longer exist and you will not be able to activate your copy.

You will need to find a new application for what you are trying to do. Read the forums for information on freeware applications that will do what DVDxCopy did.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2009